from February 15, 2020
Avalokiteshvara Kadampa Buddhist Centre will be open for onsite classes from February 17, 2021. If you are not able to join us onsite, you are very welcome to join us online. Our classes are also live-streamed. We invite you to attend from the comfort of your home. Members have access class links through their membership area on our website. Class links can be purchased through Eventbrite from the registration links on our class pages. You are welcome to join 0ur prayers onsite or online with our youtube channel.
To attend the Sunday or Wednesday class onsite, you will need to pre-register by texting 226.486. 2417 to confirm your space before class. Please give your name in the text. You will need to practice social distancing and to wear a mask at all times while at the Centre.
To attend our classes in person:
You must live in the Guelph, Cambridge, or K-W area
You must not:
- Be feeling unwell. Please do not attend if your have a fever, cough, cold etc
- Not have had contact with someone diagnosed with covid-19 in the past 14 days
- Not have travelled outside Ontario
You will be required to:
- Have pre-registered by text and received confirmation
- At the Centre provide your name and telephone number
- Sanitize your hands upon entry to the Centre
- Wear a face mask while at the Centre
- Observe social distancing (chairs are spaced to help with this)
The Centre will be sanitized thoroughly before and after class.
If you do not have internet access, please contact us and we can provide you with a “call in” number for our Zoom classes.
We all understand that lockdown can be a difficult time for many. However, let’s use this time to train in meditation. At our classes Gen Kunden will teach a meditation practice we can do daily over the next month. This daily practice will bring an increased confidence and inner peace. Now is the time to develop and maintain inner peace through meditation.
We would like to thank all our members and students for your support over the past few months. We are very thankful of our Kadampa community in Guelph and other cities Ontario who have been attending our classes and supporting the Centre through these challenging times.